Friday, March 17, 2006

Where's Osama?

Late again with the weekly update. I have been working all week getting the “Where’s Osama?” out the door. It turned out to be a pretty good picture in the end. I never really did a full blown landscape before. This has a lot of expressionistic brushwork and layering. Which is fine, because it helps convey the scarred nature of Afghanistan and Pakistan, as well as my psychological frustration about the war.
I have made little progress on the other artistic fronts, but I really want to keep the momentum up. I will start on some Lobsterboy stuff soon. I want to do a “black and white” horror movie kinda thing. Using colors that approximate black and white, while not being pure black and white. I also did a self portrait using my cut paper tecnique, which gives me reason to think that I can cross my stuff over to a more serious mode…

This week has also been about getting Sara moved into her new place, and getting used to my new Treo 650…

The opening is this weekend, so I will give you full updates afterward.

3 comments:

Mathieu G. said...

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Great! Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night. Very "Van Gogh"...

Jared said...

Thanks. I feel like I should give you guys a prize for being the first non-automated commenters here...