Thursday, March 30, 2006

Rejecton


Last night I received a rejection letter from MICA. I am not taking it as hard as KT thought I might. I am disappointed, but only because I won’t be working on my painting for seven weeks straight this summer…which is, I think, a positive reaction. They didn’t offer any explanation about why I was rejected, but I wrote to them asking for feedback on how I can improve my chances next year.

In the meantime, this means that I can say “yes” to Imagination Stage summer camps and to Trixie and Lobs. And it also means I will be free to continue to make work that I enjoy. And, perhaps the work I was doing, previous to the application, was not yet ripe for picking…the warm winds of spring and summer will undoubtedly help ripen my work, for a winter harvest of another application.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy though.

Jared said...

Again thanks for all of your help scott...maybe next year.