Thursday, March 09, 2006

New Phone, Tora Bora

It’s just been a crazy time this past week. I got a new phone, which means that I am sucked into its vortex of newness and setup; it’s also a vehicle for procrastination on a painting that I have to have done by Monday. As it turns out the Art of War at Studio One Eight, decided to let me show a piece. I need to crank this baby out fast!

I started with the idea of a “where’s Waldo?” but with Osama. But I changed the idea a bit to be more subtle. It will be a mountain range that approximates the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan…Tora Bora, but done in my cut paper method…

I could talk more about it, but I have to go to a meeting with a theater group that performs in the Washington Monument in Alexandria…I fear that I will have to tell them no…

No comments: