Friday, September 28, 2012

10 NECRONOMICON PAGES AND ONE VELVET BANANA

After a bit of back-and-forth Trixie and Monkey have settled on a design that works for everybody:

 
 And I have started right away working on making the "Velvet Banana" a reality....here it is in the very early stages:


Now that the T&M backdrop has started, my energies have started focusing a tiny bit farther down the calendar. Specifically, Spooktacular XIII...in keeping with this years theme (American Horror Films) I have started working on the "giveaways" (the giveaways are artwork prizes that we have given away as rewards for the games that we devise specifically for the party...in the past they have been velvet portraits of Elvis, Villains, Christmas zombies, etc) This year I have decided to make my own NECRONOMICON! Which means that I have been making two pages every morning for the past week (10 pages complete thus far) I don't spend much more than an hour on each, and at this rate, I should be able to compete my goal of 40 by October 27. I have taken some crappy cell phone photos of them thus far just to give you an idea of what I am up to....all of them are 8"x10" on "aged" paper:

Some completed pages hanging up to dry in the studio

#3

#4

#7

#6

#10

#8

#5

#9 (this is the type of frame we are going to put them in in the end)

#1
 So, you'll just have to check back in next week for more exciting chapters of the Spooktacular Necronomicon!

The other thing that happened this week was some of this silliness:

1 comment:

Kirstra said...

Love. It.