Thursday, July 17, 2008

NEW AND IMPROVED WEBSITE: WWW.ARTBYJARED.COM!!!!!!

That right, you heard it here first, I have spiffed up my ole website just in time for the flood of activity surrounding STRUCK: Scenic Remnants by Jared Davis at the Warehouse. So check out the new look at:

WWW.ARTBYJARED.COM

Here you will find all sorts of improvements...Gone are the days of having a website that I don't have the software to update...its all thanks to the wonderful people a otherpeoplespixels.com. It has truly been an easy and enjoyable experience working with them. And I am not just saying that because I get three months free for every person I recommend who signs up with them (although I do...so remember to plug me if you sign up!)

Last night was the opening night event for the DCCAH show that I have a piece in. Check it out, all the deets are below:The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities would like to invite you to the FY2009 Visual Arts Applicants' Showcase.

Opening Reception: July 16, 2008, 6:30 PM
Exhibition Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Saturday
July 17 - August 1, 2008

Katzen Arts Center
American University
4400 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20016
(Take Metro Red-Line to Tenleytown/AU Station)

For more information call (202) 724-5613

I also dropped off some artwork for the All Arlington Salon at the Ellipse:

All Arlington Salon
Non-Juried Exhibition open to artists who live, work, study or have a studio in Arlington, VA.
Friday, August 1 - Saturday, September 13, 2008
Opening Reception Thursday, July 31, 7 - 9 p.m. with Flamenco Guitarist Gerard Moreno performing.
Parking is free and open late on the night of the reception.

And I am dropping off some work for Wall Mountables at the DCAC tomorrow:

July 18 - August 31
Installation: July 16 3-8pm, July 17 3-8pm, July 18 3-6pm
Opening Reception: July 18, 7-9pm
Deinstallation: September 3 - 7, 2-7pm


So that's a lot of exhibitions in one week...who said that summer was the slow time for arts?

And lastly, I have made some progress with the Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum set design. While this may not be the best start I have ever had with a show, I feel that the design is pretty solid for this theater company's needs. I had visions of trying to do the whole show as a roman mosaic, but eventually I woke up from that dream, and realized that it (more than likely) would be to ambitious for this group to attempt. So I have shelved the idea (not completely, because I intend to use mosaic as a motif in the architecture) for now, but perhaps I will get a chance to do this show again...in the meantime here is the first sketch of the set:
Funny...Forum Set Sketch, Arlington Players
Pencil and Photoshop, 1/8"=1'

And here is an example of my progress with the drafting for the middle house:

Funny...Forum Senex's House, Arlington Players
Vectorworks, 1/4"=1'

I hope to see you all at the opening of STRUCK, NEXT FRIDAY!!!!! Until then, ALOHA!

1 comment:

Sara Habich said...

Nice web site Jared!