Saturday, April 26, 2008

Debbie Does Dallas the Musical Set Design First Draft

So, now that Yuri's Night 2008 is officially in the books, I have no more excuses for procrastinating on getting to work on post-YN projects. First at bat is Debbie Does Dallas the Musical, for Landless Theater.

Debbie Does Dallas the Musical Set Design first draft
Photoshop and Pencil

Hopefully my Internet research on cheap astroturf has not lead me astray. Landless has traditionally tight budgets, so an extravagance like, well, scenery, has been difficult to obtain. I have seen Home Depot advertise the "outdoor carpet" for under $4 a square yard...I'll need at least 32 square yards for this show...

There are lots of little surprises in the design that I have not put into the rendering, so, providing that they survive the scrutiny of the director, you will get to see them in person when the show opens on June 5th.

The other major development that I have been avoiding is Art-o-Matic 2008. I have a space, and will eventually pull something together...but I haven't really put the nose to the grindstone about that just yet (in fact, I haven't even been back to my space since site selection on the 12th!) I have my first volunteer shift on Sunday, so next week I will be able to report more fully on the status of the show.

No comments: