Saturday, October 06, 2007

"THE OCHO" BEGINS....

Joseph strikes tonight, so much of the scenery for "The Ocho" (our eighth Halloween party in DC...this years theme will be a Mexican "day of the dead" theme) will be harvested from what will be discarded during Joseph's strike.

I have been working on buttons and screenprints as part of the "party favors" for this years spooktacular. Below are the two button designs:
1.25" button design "El Corazon"1.25" button design, "El Diablito"

The screenprints are still in a bit of limbo. I am currently redesigning them so that they will be self sufficient. You see, my first thought was to paste my screenprints (more stencil prints than anything) onto "loteria" cards (its a kind of Mexican bingo, from which much of the iconography from traditional Mexican art is derived) However, the cards and my designs really felt like two different universes...so I am redesigning them with interchangeable borders (I'll explain when I am further along in the process) below are the designs for the four screenprints...
"stencil print" designs for The Ocho

In other news, I sold some stencil prints and a painting at Artromp20. But the big news this week is that Batboy the Musical has gotten some great press! Click on the links below to read them, or just go HERE to buy tickets to the remaining 4 (!) performances!


AND finally, I am to be included (albeit at the last minute) to the ArtOutlet show, Ofrenda, which opens for one day only next Saturday, October 13th. They will have a sugar skull decorating workshop in the afternoon and live mariachis' all night! Get more info HERE

No comments: