Thursday, August 09, 2007

Feels like I am slacking...

I don't know why I have been going around feeling like I have been slacking this past week. I guess it was the fact that I didn't have any extremely pressing deadline to meet. Upon reflection, I did get a few things done this week after all.
First, I was able to chip away at the tattoo I have been working on. I don't know if I will be able to get a final design to him before burning man, but I think some large strides were made.
Tattoo Sketch
Photoshop, 3"x5"

I am getting close to the end on this design. I need to redraw the whole thing so that the tattoo artist can translate it into his medium...

This week also saw the completion of the Joseph... model. I did a 1/8" scale model of the set to show the producing staff on Saturday. Unfortunately, I don't have the model anymore, because I gave it to the director to show the cast, and I didn't take any pictures. I did, however, start a Vectorworks drawing of the set:
Joseph and the... Technical Drawings
Vectorworks, 1/8"=1'

TAP loaded into the shop on Tuesday, so that means that we are swinging into high gear for this production...expect pictures of progress over the next month and a half.

Speaking of theater, I have accepted the set design role for Batboy the Musical, with Landless Theater Co. (the same people who brought you Cannibal the Musical and Night of the Living Dead) at the DCAC. The tricky part is that Batboy opens the same day as Joseph...

This past weekend Hal and Ellen were in town. A good time was had by all...I even feel that they might have left too soon...

And lastly, I started work on a project that I have been putting off for far too long. I traded some jewelry for a painting. Well, a commission for a painting, Of Sandy's dog, Ralph. I decided to try to tackle the project in oil, a medium befitting portraiture of such a noble beast...I blocked in the color this morning:
Portrait of Ralph, in progress
Oil on Canvas, 36"x30"

Tune in next week to hear the travails of "the expedition of the Buick Century!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know what your talking about... feels like me to me. Marvelous baby, just marvelous. love ralph

Jared said...

Well thanks Ralph...Who's a good boy? Dats wright...Woos da good boooy?