Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Portfolio Assemby Complete!

I have just completed one of those tasks that is never really complete. I updated my portfolio. It takes forever, is never as cool as you would like and starts your subconscious on a "gut check" about your career. But its so good to have it done. I will soon be able to offer you an in depth glimpse into said portfolio, online. That's because I have been feeding discs, with portfolio images to Bennu Enterprises, to update www.artbyjared.com

Other goings on this week involved a Hexagon meeting about the "kick" number, and what its scenery (as well as content) will entail. I also made some designs for the "frills" of circus wagons, which are coming along beautifully.

Trixie and I have been going back and forth about making a new sardine can to replace her current one which looks less and less like a sardine can. So I did this quick redesign:
You are all sworn to secrecy about the inner workings of this piece of scenery. (its not really like a magic cabinet, so you can see the inner mechanisms...which are really just there to make it easy for her to transport)

I also have been making stabs at getting a good proposal for a valance for the Palace of Wonders. Here's a design that didn't quite make the cut......Which is kinda frustrating, because I don't think that they understand my process...I don't start by making "great art", I try to provoke a reaction, so that a dialog gets started...its just a sketch...

This was also the weekend of Mark and Amy's disco party. They really know how to throw a shin-dig. I also got to use the Elvis suit one last time (this month!) because it happened to be thematic! (although Elvis was not really "Disco"...I like to think I added a bit of rockabilly to the evening with my presence)

On Sunday KT and I caught Sleeping Arrangements at Theater J. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but I did come away with one good sentiment from the play:

Most problems in life can be improved by a stay in an expensive hotel room.

The other remarkable thing about the production was that the set designer got her MFA from Wayne State University...GO TARTARS!

This week also started my next stint at Rep Stage painting the set for some Pinter play. They are woefully behind on construction at this point, and it is going to be a stressful build, but I am up for the challenge!

I also have been trying to "make friends" on Myspace, so if you are reading this...won't you please be my friend? You can contact me on MySpace here:

http://www.myspace.com/artbyjared


Well, I guess you should wish me luck at my portfolio review on Friday. I hope that all of this work on the portfolio makes a good impression!

No comments: