Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Many Irons in the fire this week...

Sardine Can Sketch for Trixie Little's act

The “performance art” that J exhibited last week was not what I expected. We basically watched him paint, while a punk band played. It was harmless enough, but it did give me an opportunity to talk to Scott. What makes talking to him enjoyable for me is the fact that so many things can be taken for “read” with him. I don’t have to explain, for example, about my self loathing for not getting work done when I have the opportunity. He’s been there, and has the integrity to back it up too…

Anyway, that night set me in a direction. I have a grand plan for some work during this next “semester”. I don’t want to jinx it by talking it up too much, so lets just say that it involves painting figuratively, realistically, while keeping a humorous/sci-fi feel, (perhaps in oil) on five large canvases….Of course, I am doing preparatory drawings and even a watercolor study of each before committing to shelling out $60 per canvas….more news as it develops…

The other development of the week was Lobsterboy. The T-shirts seem to be selling well, and they look great on colored t-shirts. The show wasn’t half bad either….

KT and Sara did yeoman’s work helping me build Bills photography flats…

The Helen Hayes Awards were okay, but I got into an argument with a friend of KT’s, which brought on lots of, er, drama…

Trixie dropped off the sardine can, and I am in a mad dash to design a label for it…

I’m off to see the dress rehearsal of fiddler on the roof, as research for my Monday meeting at Imagination stage…Gotta run!


No comments: