Thursday, January 16, 2014

Elvis Birthday Fight Club Round Up

 The ArtByJaredBlog has gone a bit dormant over the past month and a half, mostly because I have been very busy with Elvis' Birthday Fight Club. But also, I think there is an element of "netiquette" at work here. That is, I have not posted lots of the EBFC goings on because I dont want any spoilers leaking out before EBFC. Also, I worry that because we are promoting the show and posting pictures all the way up and through the event that there might be some "EBFC fatigue" out there...at the ABJBlog, I try to keep a record of things done (that's the "log" in "blog") as well as try to give folks a peek behind the curtain of the creative process. So, what I am hoping to do with this post is give a succinct round up of the best of the best of the EBFC photos, and throw in some behind the scenes shots that you haven't seen elsewhere.

...And then we can start talking about C2YN! :)

Promo Shoot...Zombie Apocalypse style
Four 40" x 30" velvet Elvises that I painted as prizes for the Quaalaise toss

Promo Shoot...I love my cake from a trash can lid...

We did not use this promo shot as much as I would have liked...its my favorite of the bunch

Promo Shot with ring girls Candy and Rev Valentine

The Washington Post had a nice Sunday spread with us the following week

The Quaalise logo and capsule sketches

Saturday Night Beaver

VICTORY! (and a great shot of the confetti cannons I made for the show)

A cloud of pure Colombian...

Four Score and seven dollars ago we made this puppet

The Flying Spaghetti Monster tries to intimidate Kirk and Capt Crunch

Saturday Night Beaver intimidates Justin Beiber

Donkey Kong throws barrels at Ding Dong with the help of Stage Ninjas (Koken)

Baby Jesus' take on a "baptismal font"

The traditional EBFC opening

Vladimir Putin threatens to blow everyone up with is nukes

Donkey Kong about to throw some poo

Obama Care Bear 2.0

No comments: