Thursday, September 05, 2013

It's so nigh, that its done...and clowns

Here is the finished piece for the Artwhino G40 show (opens Friday 9/13)

"NIGH" 18"x48" Acrylic on Recycled Luan Scenery.


Also, today I started on my annual fall art project, making "prizes" for the games of the Spooktacular. This year's Spooktacular theme is closely related to creepy clowns. So, for the next month and a half, I will be making one creepy clown painting a day. Hopefully I will have 30 made by the event date. I am going to do my best to post each painting daily on Facebook (and a weekly roundup on this blog) so that people can get the opportunity to purchase the clowns before the event. You see, some folks want to purchase the prizes before the event because they A) don't think that they will be very good at the game. B) Find that Halloween art speaks to them and don't want to take chances that others will win their favorite C) Want to personally destroy a creepy clown painting so that it cannot continue to scare others.

If you are interested in one of the paintings, please contact me (Personal message or email please) and I will mark yours as "sold" during the party. I will be posting them (in bursts) on my website, so you can start to get an idea of which have sold (because you can also purchase them there), and what they will look like altogether. (You can also purchase some of the remaining Necronomicon pages from last year, HERE)

Here is today's clown:

Clown #1, 8"x11" (with vintage bamboo frame)

No comments: