Thursday, November 17, 2011

GET YOUR LANDLESS SEASON SUBSCRIPTIONS...AND "Quickies"

Its that time of year again...time to check out what Landless Theater Company has in store for its upcoming season, and buy a season subscription!


With a Subscription you get three shows for $40! (it would normally cost you $75 for all three!...hell, you would only have to see two of the three shows and you would still be 5 bucks ahead!)

Check out this interview with Artistic Director Andy Baughman about the upcoming season: HERE

Now, on to personal Art By Jared business...The Isuzu Hombre is dead. After 11 years of faithful service (it was a 98 and I got it used in 2001) it has entered the "nickel and dime" phase...(I have already put about 2 grand into it this year...and a $850 fuel pump repair was the last straw). Anyway, the death of the Hombre has caused a veritable work stoppage artistically, seeing as I am frantically trying to find a new (used) truck that will not put me in debtors prison...

However, I do have some things to show. Ever since the Halloween party, I have been setting quick assignments for myself. That is, I have been taking 5"x7" pieces of board (canvasboard, luan, plywood, etc) that have been lying around the studio, and then painting from magazines and whatnot. I have set a rule that each one is declared done in no more than an hour. So, these are not intended as saleable art, but more a way to get me loosened up and thinking through some of the issues that a larger (and longer) painting produce. So, check out these sketches (I've been calling them "quickies") I'd be interested to know which ones are interesting to you...










No comments: