Friday, September 30, 2011

Big Fence & Ballroom boxing progress

Turns out that Six Flags really liked the "broken fence" I designed (see photo of partially completed fence below) So much so that they wanted another one...
Hole in Fence for backwoods bloodshed...without the final paint job...
However, the second one they wanted needed to be 20 feet tall...So, I came up with this design, with two options...let me know which one you like better...


I like the really large "painted-in-blood" sign...

...But I could also see the need for some modesty....

 Also this week I was able to move forward a good bit on the Ballroom Boxing painting....
Ballroom Boxing shot on the easel from my camera phone...
Same painting with a bit of color (and glare) correction...
I feel that I am within striking distance for this painting...I didn't anticipate the complexity of a crowd scene, but I think that I can make it work if I just keep making the center of the picture the main light source, and silhouetting the crowd is with the glow of the ring...

Next week I should start getting more progress shots of the designs for Halloween (seeing as we will officially be in October by then!)

No comments: