Friday, September 12, 2008

ADAMS MORGAN DAY THIS WEEKEND! BOOTH B35!

I am rushing this post because I am late. I need to be over to the TJ theatre at 6pm to help put the paint touch ups on the Forum set that was loaded in last night...I don't have pictures yet, you'll have to wait for next week's dress rehearsal photos for that.

I completed two more paintings for the Adams Morgan Day, Arts on Belmont (This Sunday the 14th 9am-7pm)
Benihana
Acrylic on Canvas, 16"x20

Velvet Tiki II
Acrylic on Black Velvet, 8"x10"

Both of these pieces have a sculptural quality to the paint. Benihana was painted entirely with a palette knife, so its clumsiness on the computer monitor looks better in the flesh (this was a purposeful departure for me, its slapdash-ness was an antidote for the tightly controlled methods that I need to use with velvet) I also thickened the paint greatly for Velvet Tiki II's abstract shapes on the left. In the flesh they ride on the velvet like pieces of candy displayed at a jewelery store...I hope to explore these themes more when I don't have so much going on...perhaps December?

The other events this week, aside from the completion and load-in of Forum, was the first production meeting for the (tentatively titled) Creepy Puppet Show...and I might be displayed at the Washington DC International Arts Expo this year (uh, next weekend)... and finally, the first production meeting for this years Spooktacular...where we settled on a theme for the year (also tentatively titled) Spooktacular IX: The heart of Darkness...

No comments: